Because Christ first loved us,
we are called to be a
Giving, Loving, Congregation
serving our community through Him.
Welcoming Statement — Gethsemane Lutheran Church
Rejoicing in God’s abundant grace, we at Gethsemane Lutheran Church extend a special welcome to all in a world that is all too often an unloving and unwelcoming place. We welcome all who are seeking God’s love and grace. We welcome all because God welcomes all, regardless of race or culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or relationship status. We welcome all without regard to addictions, physical or mental health, imprisonment, socio-economic circumstances, politics, or anything that too often divides us. Our unity is in Christ.
Sunday Morning services are as follows:
- Sunday School at 9:00am
- Worship Service at 10:00am
If you would like to donate to our ministries, please click the Pay Pal button below.
Sunday School/Adult Bible Study: In-person Sunday School will resume on May 1st. We will be starting an in-person Adult Bible Study starting May 8th! It will be a five week series called Bible Basics, Ten Key Events in the Bible. Both In Person Sunday School and Adult Bible Study will be at 9am on Sundays!
If you prefer the ZOOM Bible Study, hang on! We will be starting a series on discipleship soon! Stay tuned for exact dates and the link!
We have many opportunities for ministry:
Volunteer at Bethlehem Community Table: Thank you so much for everyone who came to help at Bethlehem’s Community Table! We had such an awesome experience, and we will plan to do it again! If you would like to volunteer on your own, here is the signup link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508094ea5a922a0fb6-community
Tornado Relief (so far): We give thanks that we were blessed so we can be a blessing to our community. We gave $150 to the school system to purchase supplies for kids who lost their supplies in the storm. The synod disaster team is giving us a grant to go toward our food pantry, helping families, and helping the community. Thanks to your gifts so far and the gifts from the synod, we were able to help 5 families with a gift card for $400 each! In addition to our food pantry, we are also helping 8 families and 1 teacher from Rowley Alternative School! Here’s how you can help:
1. Pray. We can do nothing without God’s grace.
2. Give a special offering for tornado relief, which we will use for the food pantry, the families in need, and other support as we learn about needs.
3. Spread the word! Share on social media and let people know we are here for them, especially our food pantry (office number 504-271-4254) !
4. If you want to volunteer to help with clean up and/or rebuilding, let me know and we will coordinate with the Gathering.
5. Keep praying, and remember Our Lord Jesus promises to be with us through this journey of healing our community.
Thank you for your generosity!!